Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cymraeg! Rydw i Cariad Cymru!

To, taking a little less deep look at life, I went to the Musical Instrument in Phoenix Arizona, to see A performance on Welsh Traditional Music. I went and it was absolutely Amazing! I was so thrilled I went. After the performance I went up to talk to the guy about the instruments, and then I asked him about the Welsh language! I found out that on tuesdays (one of my only free days) I can really start to enhance and use my Welsh! I already know some phrases and grammatical structure, but this will surely help me with conversational Welsh!

Back on the topic of the music, I was thinking I wouldnt like the bagpipes, because they are not really my favorite instrument in the world. The Welsh Bagpipes however were at a reasonable volume, and with less drone pipes it felt much more relaxing. I also got to hear this awesome wooden pennywhistle, that the musician (John  Good look him up!) blew the hell out of! One of my favorite things as well was a form of poetry and music that I just can't remember the Welsh name for. Anyway, I had a great time and I am so excited. Da Rydw i da!

No comments:

Post a Comment