Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello

This is my first post on my new blog. For those of you who dont know me. My name is Ryan Featherston. I live in Phoenix, Arizona and attend Arizona School for the Arts. I play Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, and piano. I enjoy listening to Celtic Folk, 80's Pop, and Classical music. I am a Unitarian Universalist and I have very Humanist agnostic beliefs. I am very respectful and understanding of opposite beliefs, but I will not stand still in the face of blatant ignorance and hate. I feel like sometimes people miss out on life when they dont pay attention to the beauty of the world around them! I encourage people to explore and cultivate what they believe and hey, maybe I'll learn something from you! I believe that common human discourse and discussion is the only answer to any problem.

I am starting my blog two days after the attempted assassination of House Representative Gabrielle Giffords. This is a great time of tension in our nation and what I feel is a great turning point. People are not respectful of each other in this society, especially in politics. I most certainly do mourn the death of the six shot and hope for the stable recovery of Representative Giffords. Once again these occurrences should not be used for political name calling, but only as a reminder of the consequences of a lack of fair discussion in The United States of America.

A strange point of irony lies in this post. Most of you who may be reading are probably wondering. What does Meddyliau Heddychlon mean? This phrase is Welsh for peaceful thoughts. It seems almost surreal to have a blog named peaceful thoughts in this time. So much tension, hate, and anger roams around the world and yet here there is a small blog called Peaceful Thoughts? One of my strongest thoughts is that an idea can motivate the world. Our problem is that we have to many bad ideas motivating the world! Its that simple right? Well unfortunately not! An idea is a lumbering wall, that spreads quickly and sustains itself. Each idea carrying its little followers named actions. An idea can be graceful or corrupt, sublime, or dramatic each moving in its own way, influencing the minds of many. But Peaceful Thoughts are also an idea, the idea that someday, someway we, together can understand each other and appreciate each other. To always remember that in the darkness lies peaceful thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, I can not explain the love in my heart for you! You are so sweet and kind in expressing your ideas and this blog makes me smile. :) And way to go on a comment from Sweden!
    Love, your friend who jumps through portals and explores downtown Phoenix with you.

    ReplyDelete