Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mae'r Llanw yn Mynd yn

Today was one of the true responses to the killings in Arizona that occurred last weekend. Sarah Palin removed the map on her website that used targets as a marker for house seats that she felt the Republican Party needed. Many of the Local Arizona newspapers are running titles responding to the motivations behind the killings and responding to the responses of people around the world. Titles include pictures of people protesting immigration laws, questioning the validity of our gun laws, and the volatile political climate in Arizona.

Throughout these horrible occurrences I can only hope for change specifically in Arizona. I have lived in Arizona my entire life. I am very young (13 going on 14) but I feel like  this gives me a unique and in depth look at Arizona's culture. As someone who was raised as a primarily democratic liberal, I do not feel like an especially appreciated minority, and the election results would show that most people in Arizona are not in favor of Democrats in government. I hope that all of the negative press aimed at Arizona shows that Arizona may no longer act so politically volatile. We have disrespected each other throughout political races, and we have ignored the rest of the country on policies such as immigration and gun laws.

We must understand that it is our responsibility as a state to act on things as if they affect people in the country and not only people in our state. Just because we are one of the states on the Mexican border we cannot act as the US Department of National Security! It is our job to vote on things that are specific to our state, Immigration is a National affair not a state one.(Remember that these are my opinions that I do see as true, they are debatable) I am very hopeful for Arizona! Hopefully people realize that just because we live in Arizona, it doesn't  mean we can act out of character or in the promotion of any form of violence. I do believe that we do have hope in Arizona and in this country for safe and fair politics!

No comments:

Post a Comment